ConsultTechnology is working in partnership with one of the worlds leading Big 4 who’s London based Cyber Security practice is growing dramatically and due to this incredible growth, they are seeking to appoint Cyber professionals to support their Financial Services clients.
As the Cyber Security Consultant in the Financial Services Cyber Security practice you will become an expert in technical advice, guidance, and support on cyber security, both in business-as-usual and for live and planned projects within the clients’ business.
This role would suit someone who is comfortable working across the cyber security spectrum and disciplines. We will offer you opportunities to develop your skills in different areas of cyber security.
As a minimum, candidates for this role must have the following:
- Some (however limited) information security experience in any form (i.e. operational, consultancy and/or sales)
- Strong academic background such as a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in any subject
- Excellent business writing skills
- A good understanding of IT infrastructure fundamentals such as networks, operating systems, and databases
- Knowledge of infrastructure and application security requirements and benchmarks (e.g. OWASP, CIS)
While not prerequisites, the following will be advantageous:
- Experience or understanding of security legislation and regulatory frameworks (e.g. DPA, PCI-DSS, RIPA, PSD)
- Experience or understanding of security methodologies and industry standards (e.g. ISO27001, NIST, SANS)
- Any cyber/information security certification (e.g. CISSP, CISA, CISM, GIAC)
- Experience working in a financial services organisation of any type
- Experience of internal or external consulting or audit engagements
- Exposure to multi-tier, web-based and cloud-based IT architectures
- Knowledge of security technologies (e.g. AV, SIEM, IDM, IPS, F/W, SSO, DLP)
- Knowledge of security assessment frameworks (e.g. threat modeling, controls assessment, risk assessment)