- City of London
ConsultTech is currently, looking to recruit at Manager level as well as Senior Analyst in to a Big 4 Ethical Hacking team.
The rapidly growing Cyber practice has specialists in assessing the client's security posture by attacking their systems. With the permission of their owners they prod, poke, spear and crack systems to prepare the clients for when the real threats come knocking. the team gives them a view on how effective their current defenses are.
The client is looking for people who are Information Security CREST (Council of Registered Ethical Security Testers) registered / certified testers, TIGER QSTM/SST or CESG CHECK accredited. You need to have a passion for this area, and really understand what it means to use ethical hacking skills to help organisations protect their systems and their business and personal information assets. If this sounds appealing, then we advise you to review our job description.
Skills you will need as an Ethical Hacking Consultant:
The following qualifications are expected from potential applicants:
• Application and/or infrastructure penetration testing experience above and beyond running automated tools.
• A good understanding of Unix, Windows and network security skills.
• Excellent written and communication skills in English.
• Ability to work both independently and perform as a leader in a team environment.
• Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP), CREST Registered Tester (CRT) or industry equivalent.
• Degree from an accredited University or equivalent.
The following skills are not required from applicants but would be considered a differentiator:
• CREST recognised penetration testing certification/accreditation (CREST Certified Tester (CCT) or CHECK Team Leader (CTL).
• Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related major.
• Experience developing custom scripts or tools used for vulnerability scanning and identification.
• Familiarity with threat modelling and security design review methodologies;
• Support team technical development (e.g. through service development or research) and contribute to company technical processes overall
• Development and/or source code review experience in C/C++, C#, VB.NET, ASP, PHP, or Java.
• Experience with red teaming tests, physical security testing, phishing and social engineering techniques.
• Experience with sales, scoping and client/project management;
• British National able to gain/hold UK government SC clearance